We went to the doctor this week and got to take a look at our beautiful baby, who is a girl :) I'm gaining confidence in my maternal instincts because I said all along it was a girl - I believe the first time I felt that way was mid-July, so only approximately 8 weeks along. Our ultrasound tech is an angel, she took 20 pictures for us! Baby was very cooperative too, moving around a bunch and striking cute poses like she knew we were watching. (Of course it's a girl - camera ready just like me LOL) I think some of the activity may have been due to the 16 ounces of orange juice I drank prior to the appointment ;) She has very long legs, but we already knew that. Here are some of the pictures from that day:
Right before we walked into our ultrasound we were a SMIDGE excited. Good thing it was in the morning because we never would have lasted all day!
Like I said, striking poses - her left hand was almost always closest to the mouth (studies show this means it's likely she will be left-handed like Mommy)
She is stretching out while she still has room to do so. This one is a great picture of her profile - you can clearly see her nose, lips, and a good strong chin.
Her feet look just like her Daddy's (that's a good thing, he has very pretty feet). On the other hand, he wears a men's 13. Yikes!
Here she was showing off what long legs she has - in fact, she is measuring a week large entirely due to her legs!
The very first thing she did was give us a yawn - it was the cutest thing I have ever seen
She rolled over to the other side during the appointment and was sleeping at this point - we had to poke her a little to get our last measurements.
We are very lucky - she is looking extremely healthy; we did things like look at all four chambers of her heart, check the blood flow from the umbilical cord to her and back from her to me, look at her brain, count her vertebrae, and count all of her fingers and toes. We also checked her pretty little mouth for cleft palate (none). Last picture:
On the way home that evening I bought her a couple of outfits and her first pair of shoes. They spoke to me because they were red and sparkly and I want her to always feel like there's no place like home. They're also my way of expressing to her that she is magical, and she will bring the magic with her wherever she goes :)









Love the sonogram pictures, especially the leg shot!!
ReplyDeleteYep, if she has the same size feet as Mom she'll have a great shoe wardrobe!
ReplyDeleteShe'd be set!!
ReplyDelete