Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Nothing in Particular

So this weekend was very lazy - for me, anyway. I spent time with my most favorite hobbies: books and movies. Saturday Kenan and I went to see Avatar because it's been out for two months and the crowds have died down (relatively speaking) and we wanted to see what the fuss was about. Believe me, now I get it. We saw it in 3-D IMAX, and it was an experience not to be missed. We're thinking of seeing it in the theater for a second time, and we've only done that two other times in history (Walk the Line  and The Departed, which, not coincidentally, are two of the posters in our media room). So if you haven't seen Avatar yet, get thee to the theater before it's too late! This year we have a goal to see every movie that is nominated for Best Picture. There are 10 and we've seen about half of the list so far.
Also, Kenan was hard at work on the garden today - here he is doing some welding with this past year's gift from Santa:
 Putting the cap onto the fence post
 
Grinding down the edges of a cap - see the sparks flying?
You can see the flame from the welder really well in this one
 
The love of my life

We clearly need at least one new vehicle around here - you all saw my post when my car turned over 100,000 miles, but we have a new milestone that tops that one for Kenan's truck:
 
The irony is that I will be the next one to have a new vehicle, not my darling husband - but don't blame me. Seriously, I tried to convince him he was next in line, but there's some odd bond between men and their trucks that I can't seem to process, so I'm not going to complain. I already have it narrowed down to two different models ;)
A week from tomorrow and February will be gone! We leave for St. John in 46 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment