When Kenan first started talking about planting a garden this year, I was more than a little bit skeptical. I figured it would be an expensive and time-consuming project for two people with already busy lives and hectic careers. Not until today, when we planted the garden ("we" is an exaggeration; I believe I provided drinks and moral support) I started to understand. Gardens are the essence of faith. You plant seeds or small sprouts in the ground, water and tend them carefully, and hope that they will grow and thrive. Now I'm getting slightly philosophical, but perhaps that is the reason so many farmers are devoutly religious: no one understands faith better than a farmer. Anyway, I was also the official photographer, so here are lots and lots of pictures. Also, thank you a hundred times over to Mom and Dad for showing us what to do and being right there to do it with us.
This was just me trying out my photography skills
Making rows
We are just looking cute, not really helping :)
Row #2
It was such a beautiful day - look at all the wildflowers that popped up in our yard
Drink break
Making rows
We are just looking cute, not really helping :)
Row #2
It was such a beautiful day - look at all the wildflowers that popped up in our yard
Drink break
We planted potatoes using sprouts from my Grandma's garden (all the way from Iowa!), so I gave them a special name :)



No comments:
Post a Comment