So we get home from dinner last night, watch a movie, and crawl down into bed. I am hopping in when Kenan jumps back and says "Ummm..." Guess what - there was a SNAKE in our BEDROOM. It was little bitty and he thinks it was a King snake, so it's actually a shame we killed it - they eat venomous snakes. But still - really? A snake in my bedroom? I literally nearly stepped on it. And that's the second close encounter I've had this week. Last Saturday I was walking around the block and I didn't notice a snake until I had almost stepped on him, too - he was making his way very quickly across the road. Kenan and I figured out later that this is what kind it was:
It's a Yellow-Bellied Racer and they are perfectly harmless - they eat rodents and stuff like that. They get fairly big, though, and the one I saw was probably about three and a half or four feet long.
Also, a friend of ours at work who also lives in Boerne found a four foot coral snake (the seriously deadly kind) in one of his plants right next to his house last week.
The moral of the story? I like snakes just fine as long as they're not the kind whose bite will do me harm, and even then I don't wish to see them - especially INSIDE my house.




I hear snakes make great pets:P Msg from B-rad
ReplyDelete